While it’s ultimately up to every small business owner to decide what’s best for their company, we strongly believe Wyoming to be the most effective home base for ecommerce companies. Below are the primary reasons to choose Wyoming as your company's home state.
- It’s worth mentioning you can operate your Wyoming-based ecommerce business in complete secrecy for now. Directors and shareholder’s information won’t appear on your Wyoming public business records, meaning your identity will never be exposed. Below are the top reasons to choose Wyoming as the home for your ecommerce company:
Fewer Startup Costs
- Wyoming has the lowest population of any state. This makes it important for state and local legislators to make doing business in Wyoming as inviting as possible to help grow the state’s wealth and lower unemployment. Business registration costs are pennies-on-the-dollar over many of the other states. Best, there’s no mi
- The entire process can be completed quickly online, meaning you can have your ecommerce business up and running in just a few days, without having to book a flight and accommodations to the state just to iron out the details of your LLC.
No Income Taxes
- The state of Wyoming doesn’t collect income taxes, and given they’re driven toward increasing their population numbers, it’s safe to say this will be reality for years to come. When considering Wyoming over other states their zero tax obligations, privacy laws, low startup costs, online bank account setup, and fast approval process, it’s a no-brainer they’re the perfect state to set up your ecommerce HQ.
Although not as well-known as Delaware and Nevada in the world of LLC formation, Wyoming is gaining ground fast. Below are the main benefits of filing in Wyoming as an ecommerce company.
Benefits of an LLC as an Ecommerce Company
- Seperates debt and legal obligation from you as an individual
- Protects individuals from known (and unknown) risks that are associated with online retail
- Legitimizes your company as a legal entity and builds credibility with customers
Wyoming LLCs offer the best asset protection laws, no state or capital gain taxes, very low annual fees of $50, anonymous ownership (member names are not disclosed) and very foreigner-friendly laws. Benefits such as these make Wyoming the best state for doing business for ecommerce companies.
Jumpstart offers three tiers of business formation plans to ensure there's a plan for everyone's needs. For most companies we reccommend the Plus or Pro plan as that tends to cover most of the needs of starting entrepeneurs like business banking, EIN filing, and mail forwarding. One of the main benefits for ecommerce is having access to payment processors like Stripe and Paypal for your business. Here's what the Pro plan offers that the other plans don't include:
- Pro Plan Jumpstart customers receive a free, worry-free accounting and tax assessment from our licensed CPAs to determine their bookkeeping, accounting, and tax needs.
Rush Filing Service
- If time is an important factor when forming your business, then our expedite and rush filing speeds give you a few options to have your formation documents completed and posted to your personal dashboard in a few days instead of a few weeks.
Problem Free Guarantee
- Our Problem Free Guarantee sends alerts for important compliance and filing events, covers your annual filing and two yearly amendments to your filing documents, and provides expert support to help you regain your good standing and LLC protection should you ever miss a deadline or filing event. For more information regarding our problem free guarantee click here
We recommend Stripe for payments for eCommerce on Shopify, WooCommerce, etc. Shopify Payments is only available to U.S. citizens with a valid SSN. Non-residents can use Stripe with Shopify and can reduce their payment processing costs by opting for the Plus or Pro plan on Shopify. You can setup Stripe with your EIN after your your EIN information has been uploaded to your account.